Fees and Insurance
I participate with the following insurance providers: Anthem/Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, HealthyCT, and certain Husky insurance products.
If you do not participate with one of these providers services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance, employee benefit plan
or under your insurance provider's out-of-network coverage.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How much is my co-payment which is due and payable at the time of service
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- If I do not participate in one of the above insurance plans does my plan participate in out-of-network coverage? If so, what benefits are provided?
Cash, check or major credit cards are accepted for payment at the end of each session.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information and for a free telephone consultation.
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.